Saturday, June 04, 2011

50bucks

Let me just be honest, I was a little bit shocked when I saw that there were responses flocking allover from the cyberspace regarding my previous post on the Tanjung Tokong Food Court scam. Thanks to my friend who shared them in Cari forum, the forum that makes things go viral in Malaysia.

First of all, I truly want to thank those who are empathetic with what I have been through. Thanks for being supportive. Thanks for the suggestion for involving the authority. There were already people who did that and apparently it was of no use because he indeed had the right to charge RM50. For those who pointed out my mistake for not being attentive to the banner, I will take this as a lesson and be more alert in the future. For those who read through my blog, thank you for paying so much attention to me. I feel honoured.

On the other hand, I wish to clarify that I didn't say I was right for parking at his place. Like what I wrote, I did apologize to the uncle for being a first time offender and for not seeing the banner at all. I penned this down because I record my experience in life in my blog and this was part of it. I took a photo because I needed a proof for paying RM50 and of this chaining incident as well. (There was no receipt or whatsoever. Thanks to my blogger's instinct :) ) I was asking for a boycott for this food court because of how they treated me (trying to grab my camera, snatching my car key).

Anyway, I didn't have time to look through the 400++ comments (and still growing) in the forum so there are a few things that I would like to address here:

1. When I said my life wasn't easy as a fresh grad, I referred to the crazy inflation in our country. There were people who reverse-logic-ed my statement and concluded that my company must be pathetic. I have to clarify that my company treated me well enough and for those who were worrying for me that I might get fired because of this, stay assured, everything is fine. My boss knew about this and he thought I should sing a song for this too. :)

2. I didn't expect that this post would go this far. I never expect people would read such a long-winded article lol. When I first posted it, I was expecting only my friends to be reading. Although the article was posted in Cari with my consent, I totally underestimated the power of Cari. The INITIAL article's target audience is my Penangite friends but it was totally out of my expectation that it would go viral.

3. Response to all the hate comments in Cari, well you guys can just assume that I am retarded if that makes you feel better. I didn't have the kind of mindset that, to park a car, you have to definitely be a consumer there. To me, to park my car properly equals to paying reasonable amount of fee and as long as it's legal and it does not block the way then it is fine. So for those who are like-minded and don't have a slightest idea about this, please keep that in mind. :) If this incident were to teach me anything, this is exactly the food for thought.

Thanks for the sensational hoo-haa that you guys brought me. I couldn't help but wrote a song for this incident to commemorate such a rare event. I am not a professional musician so pardon my out of tune and out of beat. By the way it is in Mandarin and please do not take the lyrics seriously because they were for FUN and ENTERTAINMENT. Take this as my way of apologizing to those keyboard warriors who ran amok after reading my article. I didn't mean it. :)

Anyway, my last statement will be that I will not ever step into that food court again. I guess there are two school of thoughts here. You are free to make your own choice based on what you read about my experience. :)

Basically this will be what I have to say about this incident. Not a single word more will be mentioned in this blog regarding this matter after this. :)


Take this song with a pinch of salt and humour please :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you can take it into competition.

Anonymous said...

a nice song !! ...

Anonymous said...

honestly speaking it is a terrible song ....

Azian

Anonymous said...

You are a real life coward, go and make a police report if you think you deserve to get back that 50 bucks, not just sit here blogging like a kid crying to all his friend to boycott that food court. By the way, that song sucks...

kae vin said...

Dear Anonymous 8:13:

When Azian comments in my blog, she would use her real blogger account :)

stupid said...

:p