Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Eleventh Month

This blog has been a faithful time keeper for me. I know I should stop and sit down and start to think when it is left un-updated for too long. In this case, it has been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote something and trust me, it doesn't feel like 2 weeks at all.

Anyway, I ain't writing to rant about how busy I am blah blah blah. Haha, it's a total waste of time to actually take time to rant.


I made a 3 day trip last week to Cameron Highland as Friday was Deepavali.

It was a Family Camp put together by SGC (Setapak Gospel Centre) in conjunction with its 20 Anniversary.


A group photo and I was the photographer. haha.

SGC was the first and also last church that I stepped in when I was in college. Without me realizing, my life had been revolving around it for the past 5 years. I was definitely more than a church-goer I guess. My involvement in the ministries actually fostered my spiritual and also personal growth. I engaged myself with the local community in Setapak.

and I was surprised how I took it for granted for such an important part of my life. I only realized how much impact it had in my life after I left. :|


YMCA. lol

I am currently reading this book with the title of {Following Jesus in the "Real World"}. The prelude already struck me because it was as if that the book was written for me! lol. Here are some excerpts of the book:

'...you saw dramatic evidence of the advance of the kingdom of God while you were in college. Relationships were plentiful and easily formed, so the avenues for kingdom impact were numerous. You may have seen friends become Christians. You may have helped a young Christian grow in his or her faith - or had someone help you mature in Christ. You may have taken leadership in a group - small or large - and seen God work through your willingness to take risks....'

'"Faithfulness to God" is not a relevant category for most career-planning and job-placement centers at secular schools'

'The "real world" economy just isn't hospitable to the idealistic phrasings of our worship songs. Hectic workdays yield no peace; time-squeezed relationships yeild no love; materialistic acquisitiveness yeilds no joy. Where is the kingdom of God in all that'


I have only read the first chapter and I started to reflect on my life. It is a transition from college to career and I really don't want to let go of this significant portion of my life just because I started working.


The youngest basketball shooter in Cameron Highland! lol

Nevertheless, the fact is that no matter how I miss and reminisce my vibrant college live with a loving and caring Christian community, I have to accept the fact that it is now all gone.



and I'll have to move on and start some something new. I realize that I have to be more of the provider instead of a receiver.


Strawberry milkshake, strawberry float, strawberry yogurt and strawberry pancake!

At the end of the day, the bottom line is that I'll have to live up to my faith.


Strawberry scone.

Although I do not have the slightest idea of my future but I truly believe that God has my best interest in mind.


Strawberry tea and strawberry pancake anyone? :)

3 comments:

anson said...

bro, glad that you are reading a book that being prepared by God~ :)

calvin said...

Is there such thing as strawberry tea? But I believe it makes a great comno with the pancake ;)

kae vin said...

anson:

Thanks :)

calvin:

yeah XD yup strawberry pancake was awesome!