Monday, July 19, 2010

23

So I spent my 23rd birthday in Austin.

I could never possibly imagine that I would spend my 23rd birthday in the United States when I was celebrating my 22nd birthday. Now it makes me ponder: Where would I be celebrating my 24th, 25th, 26th and subsequent birthdays? :)

It was a very happening birthday indeed.

When the clock struck 12 on July Fifteen, I was in my room, just updated my previous post. :P

Then the lights were turned off and I heard the familiar tune of Happy Birthday.


I was surprised by the chocolate cheesecake with the candles to remind me of my age!


The interns and the engineer :D

We ate the cake and chatted a little bit for about an hour and we went to sleep as next day was still a working day.

In the morning of the very next day, I woke up and got ready for work. Usually I walk to work but on that particular day, we needed the car to go for the Boat Party so we wanted to drive to the office.


and I was greeted by the sight of a shattered window.

What a huge birthday gift for me. =.= Anyway, I heard that there were five cars being sabotaged on the very same night.

After I got to the office, I made a police report and notified my superiors and person-in-charge for the car about it. We got a car change on the very next day. :)


You must be wondering why the kid photo. Well, July 15th was the 'Bring Your Kids to Work Day' and I volunteered myself to help out in a game for the kids. Basically, it was a day for the employees to bring their kids to the office and have fun. :)


Save our planet!

Right after that, we hit the road to attend the boat party in Lake Travis!


Clear blue skies and glazing hot sun at Lake Travis!


Beers, snacks, soft drinks, food and music......everything you need in a party! :)


My Birthday lunch. :D


Feel the atmosphere? :D

After sailing around the lake for 30 minutes, it was time for some splashing!


Jumping off the boat!


Again and again! :D It was fun as the water was really cooling. People floated on the water with a cup of beer in their hands!


The Large Marge. I was on the Ark. :)

After that, I got back to my home and the newly-wed couple drove three hours all the way from Fort Worth to Austin just to take me out for dinner. So glad to have such amazing friends. :)


Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill


Medium rare Jalapeno Hanger Steak with mashed potatoes and I got a free skillet apple pie with maple ice cream from the restaurant as it was my birthday! :D


I definitely enjoyed the dinner!

So much for my 23rd birthday. Absolutely a happy one. :)

Hang on! Don't click on the close button yet! Here's some sneak peek of what is coming up next....


No idea why was I dressing up like Power Ranger? Read my previous post for clues and read my next post for more! :P

Signing off! :D

4 comments:

Kyflein said...

The boat party. Seems like a scene from the tv. LOL~

What a great birthday... the best of 23! I wonder what mine would be like...

❤ஐ~chOco~ஐ❤ said...

wow....ur power ranger suit is so funny~ skydiving hmm..i not dare to try ler ><

calvin said...

Confirmed this is not an internship program, but a HOLIDAY!!!!

Sky-dive? Sorry, another mission impossible for me lol!

kae vin said...

Kyflein:

lol! It does!

and it is totally great! haha stop wondering and take whatever that life throws at you! :D

chOco:

haha I know! You have to try it at least once in your life!!

calvin:

=.= Don't dismiss all my hardwork alright!!

and since you are so tall, I guess a leap from 10000 feet is like falling down from bed only. Don worry. hahaha