Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Deja Vu - The Escape

continued....

My eagerness to search for an exit grows stronger and fonder everyday. The more seemingly impossible to get out, the stronger my desire is.


On a not too hot sunny day, I'll lie down on the lawn outside and stare into the infinity of the skies hoping for a plane to fly by. I have even arrange a big SOS on the field to get the attention of any flying objects, if there's any.


Sometimes, I just lose count of time and sit there for the whole day, or perhaps, a few days? I don't really know. Time means nothing to me, I guess.


Undoubtedly, it is a huge castle. But I am not happy with this place. This is not the kind of life I wanted to live. It's a routine. Day by day I am doing the same thing: looking for a way out. I don't know what is sustaining my life as I neither feel hungry nor thirsty.

I remember it was a sunny day when I heard this song from the hallway.


It's very common for me to sometimes hear the voice of people talking and laughter from the hallway but when I scrutinize every single corner of the castle, I see no sign of man. However, it was my first time to hear music here.

And it was a beautiful sad song.

A sad song so beautiful I forgot to breathe. A beautiful song so sad that I forgot to cry.

Unconsciously, I started to walk towards the direction of the song. It seemed like the music came from the dungeon. Every note got clearer when I moved downward. My heart was beating fast as I knew this was unusual.

I might be able to find my way out.

It appeared that the stairway became longer than I remembered.

The song was getting louder but I could still hear my heartbeat. I slowed down my steps as I was afraid that the sound made by my feet hitting the ground might stop the music. They say human tends to get irrational when they are nervous.

It was totally dark now. The light from the entrance of the stairway couldn't reach me. But I could still see.

Because there was light coming from the bottom.

I moved down step by step with my hands against the wall. Hundreds and thousands of thoughts flashed across my mind. There were a million possibilities of what was ahead.

I chose to persuade. It might be my one and only chance to escape.

The tip of light at the bottom enlarged as I moved closer. The song was still as beautiful and as sad. But there is no time for music I said to myself. I wanted to get out. I wanted to see what was beyond. Every step downwards gave me an adrenaline rush  as I was one step closer to the unknown source of light.


Eventually it came to an end. I was in front of a half-open door. My eyes were blinded by the light I couldn't see what was outside.  

I braved myself and I stepped out of the door and I fell.

I felt myself falling into a kind of nothingness. The kind of of nothingness where you forgot you exist or usually people call it 'fainted'.

I didn't know how long I fainted. When I woke up, I found myself lying behind the door.

I stood up and I woke up and I saw someone on the floor with a book on his face.

'Welcome to the blogosphere' he said

2 comments:

Niel said...

haha. interesting

specialhuman said...

Niel:

Thanks