Friday, March 16, 2007

Urbanized

It was a downpour out there. The air was chilling. I inhaled n shivered. The cd player was playing bad day. The raw n exaggerating falsetto of Daniel Powter was a perfect match with the un-wiped raindrops on the windscreen. The dazzling street lights n car lights added some solidity to the atmosphere.

I drove along the city, alone. I raised the volume of the cd that I could even hear the gasp of the Daniel Powter. There were so many cars on the street. Everyone has somewhere to go, I guess. My right elbow was laid by the side window supporting my jaw n I held the steering with my left hand. This is my usual driving pose.

I was feeling a little bit of urbanized sorrow, with the aid of the song n the rain n the night n the light. It made me to figure out things that I wouldn't think usually. A little bit of emptiness, a little bit of depression, a little bit of unconsciousness, a little bit of self-awareness, a little bit of logic, my mind was mixed up.

Sometimes I wished I could sit back n see things like they r nothing. But I was so helplessly craving for love, friendship, money, pleasure.....countless of them. It seems like everyone on earth is destined for something n there r always distraction n disturbance. No one could escape. Especially for urbanized human beings.

I was among the restless cars on the street. Heading towards somewhere...passing by each other...

I'm looking forward to something...with the value of eternality. Else, it's just going to be meaningless....







1 comment:

Kyflein said...

geesh... no wonder u got sunburnt... or did u?


this world is materialistic. either u follow it (work hard for ur future), or u leave it (renounce...and probably become a monk?).
I bet we are all on the former...